India's Ancient past by RS Sharma PDF Download
Ancient Indian History by RS Sharma PDF: Here we are sharing with you प्राचीन भारत India’s Ancient History India by रामशरण शर्मा both in English and Hindi For UPSC/IAS, UPPCS, UPSC, SSC, Banking, RRB, IBPS and other State common written exams. General knowledge is crucial for almost every Government Exam as lots of questions related to Prachin Bharat ka Itihas i.e. Ancient History, Medieval History, Modern India or India after Independence come in competitive exams. India’s Ancient History by R S Sharma is very useful for upcoming various competitive exams. It is a survey book on Ancient Indian history from prehistoric times to the seventh century. It deals with polity, economy, society, religion, philosophy and science technology in ancient India and highlights the contributions of ancient India in these fields. You can download PDF files for both Hindi and English of India's Ancient past by RS Sharma pdf. You may download RS Sharma Ancient India PDF in Hindi files from the link provided given below.
Prachin Bharat ka Itihas in Hindi PDF Download
Indian History in brief: Topics to Cover
Listing out some important topics to study from Ancient, Medieval and Modern India. Priority areas from culture are also identified.
- Ancient India : Prehistoric India, Historic India, Indus Valley Civilization, Vedic Period, Vedic Literature, Janapadas and Mahajanapadas, Mauryan Empire, Gupta Dynasty
- Medieval India : The Classical Age, Pala Empire, Rashtrakuta Empire, Islam in India, Delhi Sultanate, Vijayanagara Empire, Guru Nanak, Mughals, Arrival of Europeans.
- Modern India : First War of Independence, Formation of Indian National Congress, Moderates and Extremists, Muslim League, Gandhian Phase, Non-Co-operation Movement, Civil Disobedience Movement, Quit India Movement, Cripps Mission, Cabinet Mission, Mount Batten Plan, Partition of India and Indian Constitution. Also never miss topics like Peasants movements, Tribal movements, Trade-unions, militant movements etc. related to Indian History which are often side-lined by Nationalist Historians.
- Culture : Visual Arts (Paintings, Architecture, Sculpture), Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Drama etc), Religions (Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism), Society etc.
Recommended Books for Indian History and Art and Culture for IAS and other competitive Exams
- History Of Medieval India by Satish Chandra. (Medieval History)
- History Of Modern India by Bipan Chandra. (Modern History).
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (Modern History)
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- A Brief History of Modern India – Spectrum (Point wise notes for faster reading).
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Bhasham.
- From Plassey to Partition : A History of Modern India (Reference)
- Government Schemes
You may download pdf files for Ancient India by RS Sharma in English and Hindi from the link provided given below.