A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir Spectrum PDF Download
A Brief History Of Modern India Spectrum PDF
A Brief History Of Modern India Spectrum PDF : Is a very popular book for modern history of India and helpful for all competitors who are preparing for Civil Services and other Governmental Examinations. A Brief History Of Modern India Spectrum book brings together various aspects of the turbulent period (from arrival of the Europeans on Indian soil and the establishment of British rule in India to the day India won independence and the early years of freedom) in a systematic and succinct manner. This book is in both English and Hindi and useful for all the candidates who are preparing for UPSC/IAS and also for those who are preparing for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Grade B, SSC Graduate Level Exams, Bank PO and Clerk, NDA, CDS, Railway, RRB, SSC, Bank, SSC CGL, TGT, PGT Exam, Airforce, NDA, Navy, CDS & Many Other Competitive Exams.
A Brief History Of Modern India Key Features:-
- Exam oriented: Book is 100% exam oriented. it is specially designed for UPSC Exam.
- Covers all the topics: Book covers all the facts required for both prelims and mains of the UPSC Exam.
- Entire struggle for independence: It Covers entire syllabus starting from the arrival of the Europeans on Indian soil and the establishment of British rule in India to the day India won independence and the early years of freedom.
- Key and Bullet Points: At the end of every chapter, key points are there for making a quick revision and for undergoing a self-analysis about recalling historical facts.
- Lucid and simple: Written in an easy to understand language, the book is a good ready reckoner for many competitive examinations such as banks, state and union civil services examinations.
- Emphasis on personalities: In addition, the book also lays emphasis on personalities associated with specific movements such as peasant and tribal movements as well as the freedom movement.
- A Brief History of Modern India deals with the events that shaped the happening after the decline of the Mughal empire and the rise of East India Company and the advent of British rule in the country.
- Events as per Timeline: Being only a brief history, the important events which includes Indian Mutiny for a nationalistic point of view India’s first war of independence in 1857 to attaining freedom in 1947 have been structured in a timeline that is easy to understand.
- The political and socio-economic developments that have influenced the growth of modern India have been dealt with in independent chapters.
- Intensive revision: Furthermore, the book comprises of chapterwise inquiries for intensive revision and last practice.
A Brief History Of Modern India contents:
- Revolt of 1857
- Religious and Social Reform Movements
- National Movement
- Administrative Changes After 1857
- Development of Indian Press
- Civil Rebellions and Tribal Uprisings-1757-1900
- Peasant Movements-1857-1947
- Movement of Working Class
- Evolution of Nationalist Foreign Policy.
Recommended Books for Indian History and culture for IAS and other competitive Exams
- India’s Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma. (Ancient History)
- History Of Medieval India by Satish Chandra. (Medieval History)
- History Of Modern India by Bipan Chandra. (Modern History).
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (Modern History)
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Bhasham. (This book is helpful for Culture, go for it if you have time)
- From Plassey to Partition : A History of Modern India (Reference)