Character Certificate for Employee / Govt Job / Student (Samples)
Character Certificates: An employee character certificate is a document that certifies and verifies the good moral character and conduct of an employee. This certificate serves as a proof of morality of an employee during the tenure of employment in an organization. A current or old employer can serve as a character reference and can issue an employee character certificate. It is not a legal obligation on employers to issue this certificate. Nevertheless, if an employer is certain of an employee’s character, usually, he/she is not reluctant to issue this character certificate.
character certificate is signed by the following:-
- Principal/Head Master of the recognized School/ College/ Institution where the candidate studied last.
- Gazetted Officer of Central or State Government.
- Members of Parliament or State Legislature belonging to the constituency where the candidate or his parent/ guardian is ordinarily resident.
- Sub-Divisional Magistrates/ Officers;
- Tehsildars or Naib/ Deputy Tehsildars authorized to exercise magisterial powers.
- Block Development Officer.
Character certificate is useful for an employee in various circumstances.
- Leaves a Job:- When an employee leaves a job and wants to start a new job, the new employer might require a character certificate of the employee from an old employer to ascertain that the employee has not been involved in any immoral or illegal acts.
- While admission:- In academic field, character certificate is issued by your previous school/college to show that you have had a good behavior during the period that you attended the college/school as well as to reveal that you have followed all the rules from your previous school.
- Joining a new Job:- Similarly in business field a certificate demonstrates that you have indicated brilliant conduct and execution amid the working time.
- Foreign Trip:- Character certificate also helps a considerable measure in immigration and authentications are normally arranged by police division or legitimate offices to check the character of a distinctive individual.
- While applying scholarship:- Sometimes you need Police character certificate if you are applying for a scholarship.
An employee character certificate can be designed in programs such as Microsoft Word or the existing templates in such programs can be used as well. There are only slight variations in the format of this certificate across companies or countries. However, overall, the general format includes:
- Name and details of the employee
- Tenure of employment
- Name and details of the employer
- Signature of the issuer
- Verification statement about the good moral character of the candidate
The certificate is stamped with the company stamp and serves as a guarantee by an employer in which he assures to the best of his knowledge that the employee possesses a good moral character.
Sample Employee Character Certificate Statement
This is to certify that
Ms. Emily John has worked as a [TEXT] employee for our company ‘The Caring Home’ from 12th January 2016 to 16th March 2018 for a period of two years and two months. We found her a person of good moral character. Her conduct throughout her tenure was outstanding.
Her job responsibilities included taking care of the people admitted to our organization. She always dealt with people of all ages calmly and never did we get a complaint regarding her harsh or rude behavior. She was one of those employees with whom everyone wanted to work because of her professional and disciplined approach.
We feel happy and proud to verify her good character and to the best of our knowledge, she has never been involved in any legal case.
We wish her the best of luck!
You can download a number formats of Character Certificates from the link given below:-