Full Form Of Computer
What is the full form of COMPUTER : Computer is not an acronym, it is a word derived from a word "compute" which means to calculate. So, in simple words you can say that computer is an electronic device which is used for fast calculation.
Some people say that COMPUTER stands for Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research. It is only a myth because first this definition does not make any sense and second when the computer was invented they were just calculating machine which needs a lot of space for establishment.
"A computer is a general purpose electronic device that is used to perform arithmetic and logical operations automatically. A computer consists of a central processing unit and some form of memory."
ALU: Arithmetic Logical Unit is used to carry out arithmetic and logical operation.
CU: Control unit is used to change the order of operations in response to stored information.
Categorization on the basis of technology
- Digital Computer
- Analog Computer
- Hybrid Computer
Categorization on the basis of generation
- First generation computers: (1940-1956) based on Vacuum tubes.
- Second generation computers: (1956-1963) based on Transistors
- Third generation computers: (1964-1971) based on Integrated Circuits
- Forth generation computers: (1971- Present) Based on Microprocessors
- Fifth generation computers: (Present and Beyond) based on Artificial Intelligence
There are many types of computers available on the basis of their working areas: Super computer, work frames, personal computer, desktops, laptops, palmtops etc.
What is the Full Form of COMPUTER
- C – Commonly
- O – Operation
- M – Machine
- P – Particularly
- U – Used for
- T – Technical
- E – Educational
- R – Research
A To Z Computer Full Forms List
- 👉 ALU Airthmetic Logic Unit
- 👉 ALGOL Algorithmic Language
- 👉 ASCII American Standard Code For Information Interchange
- 👉 BASIC Beginner’s All purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
- 👉 BCD – Binary Doded Decimal Code
- 👉 CPU – Central processing Unit
- 👉 CAD – Computer Aided Design
- 👉 COBOL- Common Business Oriented Language
- 👉 CD – Compact Disk
- 👉 C-DOT – Center for Development of Telematics
- 👉 CLASS – Computer Literacy And Studies in School
- 👉 COMAL – Common Algorithmic Language
- 👉 DOS – Disk Operating System
- 👉 DTS – Desk Top System
- 👉 DTP – Desk Top Publishing
- 👉 E-Commerce – Electronic Commerce
- 👉 E- Mail – Electronic Commerce
- 👉 E-Mail – Electronic Mail
- 👉 ENIAC – Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer
- 👉 FORTRAN – Formula Translation
- 👉 FAX – Far away Xerox
- 👉 Flops Floating Operations per Second
- 👉 HLL – High Level Languages
- 👉 HTML – High Text Markup Language
- 👉 IBM – International Business Machine
- 👉 IC – Integrated Circuit
- 👉 LAN – Local Area Network
- 👉 LDU – Liquid Display Unit
- 👉 LISP – List Processing
- 👉 LLL – Low Level Language
- 👉 MICR – Magnetic Ink Character Reader
- 👉 MIPS – Millions of Instructions Per Second
- 👉 MOPS – Millions of Operation per Second
- 👉 MODEM – Modulator – Demodulate
- 👉 NICNET – National Information Center Network
- 👉 OMR – Optical Mark Reader
- 👉 PC-DOS – Personal Computer Disk Operating System
- 👉 PROM – Programmable Read only Memory
- 👉 RAM – Random Access Memory
- 👉 ROM – Read Only Memory
- 👉 RPG – Report Programmeo Generator
- 👉 SNOBOL – String Oriented Symbolic Language
- 👉 VDU – Visual Display Unit
- 👉 VLSI – Very Larhe Scale Integration
- 👉 WAN – Wide Area Network
- 👉 WWW – World Wide Web
Computer Full Form List
- ASP–ACTIVE SERVER PAGES.
- DVD – DIGITAL VIDEO DISK.
- EXE – EXECUTABLE FORMAT.
- CD – COMPACT DISK.
- CPU – CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT.
- PDF – PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT.
- WBMP – WIRELESS BITMAP IMAGE.
- VHF – VERY HIGH FREQUENCY.
- HDD – HARD DISK DRIVE.
- WINDOWS – WIDE INTERACTIVE NETWORK FOR DEVELOPMENT OF OFFICE WORK SOLUTION.
- GSM – GLOBAL SYSTEM FOR MOBILE COMMUNICATION.
- CDMA – CODE DIVISION MULTIPLE ACCESS.
- 3G – 3RD GENERATION.
- LTE – LONG TERM EVOLUTION.
- I/O – INPUT AND OUTPUT.
- LED – LIGHT EMBEDDED DIODE.
- USB – UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS.
- AP – ACCESS POINT.
- IBM – INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES.
- LG – LIFE’S GOOD ELECTRONICS.
- IT – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
- HTTP – HYPERTEXT TRANSFER PROTOCOL.
- DMCA – DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
- 3GP – 3RD GENERATION PROTOCOL
- 3GPP – 3RD GENERATION PARTNERSHIP PROJECT
- AAC – ADVANCED AUDIO CODEC
- AC3 – DOLBY DIGITAL SOUND FILE
- AIFF – AUDIO INTERCHANGE FILE FORMAT
- AMR – ADOPTIVE MULTI RATE
- AWB – ADOPTIVE MULTI RATE WIDEBAND
- AVI – AUDIO VIDEO INTERLEAVED
- CDA – COMPACT DISK AUDIO
- DLL – DYNAMIK LINK LIBRARY
- DVD – DIGITAL VIDEO DISK
- EXE – EXECUTABLE FORMAT
- FLAC – FREE LOSSLESS AUDIO CODEC
- FLV – FLASH LIVE VIDEO
- JPEG – JOINT PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERT GROUP
- BMP – BITMAP
- GIF – GRAPHICS INTERCHANGE FORMAT
- JAD – JAVA APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- JAR – JAVA ARCHIVE
- HTTP – HYPER TEXT TRANSFER PROTOCOL.
- HTTPS – HYPER TEXT TRANSFER PROTOCOL SECURE.
- IP – INTERNET PROTOCOL.
- ISP – INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER.
- TCP – TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL.
- UPS – UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY.
- VHF – VERY HIGH FREQUENCY.
- UHF – ULTRA HIGH FREQUENCY.
- ALU- ARITHMETIC LOGIC UNIT
- URL – UNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATOR.
- WINDOWS – WIDE INTERACTIVE NETWORK FOR DEVELOPMENT OF OFFICE WORK SOLUTION
Other full forms which we use in our daily life but somehow we do not remember them when someone asks about these:-