Essay and Letter Writing PDF Download
Posted on : July 4th 2019, 8:34 pm
Essay and Letter Writing PDF Download: It is important for you to learn Essay Writing and Letter Writing if someone is preparing for a Government Exam especially SSC CGL, SBI PO, BOB PO, IBPS PO, and RBI Grade-B. If you are preparing for SBI PO Mains then its time you should also pace up your practice for Letter and Essay Writing.
With essay writing the main issue that you might face is how to start an essay and how to structure your points/facts/ideas in a paragraph to express your views. Yes, there is a set format that for even essay writing that you must keep in mind. And you’ll get to know that through this book for descriptive writing.
An essay is an organized collection of your thoughts on a particular topic. While the length or forms of essays may vary, it is possible to distinguish types, chief among which are -- narrative – presenting a course of events from an observer's perspective; descriptive – presenting a clear picture of a person, location, object; event, or debate; comparative – presenting the signiﬁcant relations or diﬀerences between two or more things, and argumentative – presenting an assertion and providing reasons for it.
Depending on the type and purpose of essays, their ﬂow of ideas may diﬀer, but the overall, basic structure would be a sequence of (a) introduction, (b) main body, and (c) conclusion.
- The introduction leads the reader to the topic and indicates what the essay will deal with. It usually consists of a paragraph which will contain a couple of key sentences.
- The main body deals with the major ideas that deliver what has been indicated in the intro. Each main idea is presented in a separate paragraph and developed with supporting detail in the form of deﬁnitions, explanations, and examples where appropriate or necessary.
- The conclusion brings the reader back to the purpose of the essay and draws all the points together, making a ﬁnal comment on the result of the discussion. This ﬁnal comment may point towards some consequence in the future or may make a general observation.
In short, an essay will show a progression from a general level (in the introduction) to the speciﬁ c (the statement and body) and then to conﬁrmation (conclusion). Remember that apart from the ideas, the basic elements of communication, namely, clarity of thought and eﬀective expression, are equally relevant.
An evaluator of an essay would normally look for:
- Content: Information (namely the facts and factual circumstances used in support of explanations, reasons, and viewpoints) relevant and adequate to support the viewpoints presented.
- Ideas and their development: Eﬀective use of information to present viewpoints and explain them – with reasoning and example.
- Perspective: Viewpoints should be presented in an objective manner, assessing pros and cons, and all signiﬁ cant aspects of the issue.
- Structure & Organization: The logical ﬂow of ideas in interbody-conclusion form, paying attention to paragraph structure and paragraph-ﬂow.
- Control over language: Eﬀective vocabulary and sentence structure.
In recent competitive exams, we’ve seen letter to the editor and informal letters were the hot topics asked in the descriptive paper. While writing a letter one should keep in mind to write letters that get your message across without the reader calling you for clarification. Letters shouldn't be verbose and usually, in competitive exams, there is a prescribed word limit. A letter is a written message that can be handwritten or printed on paper. It is usually sent to the recipient via mail or post in an envelope, although this is not a requirement as such. Any such message that is transferred via post is a letter, a written conversation between two parties.
Now that E-mails and texts and other such forms have become the norm for communication, the art of letter writing has taken a backseat. However, even today a lot of our communication, especially the formal kind, is done via letters. Whether it is a cover letter for a job, or the bank sending you a reminder or a college acceptance letter, letters are still an important mode of communication. Which is why it is important that we know the intricacies of letter writing.
Types of Letters
Let us first understand that there are broadly two types of letter, namely Formal Letters, and Informal Letters. But then there are also a few types of letters based on their contents, formalities, the purpose of letter writing etc. Let us have a look at the few types of letters.
- Formal Letter: These letters follow a certain pattern and formality. They are strictly kept professional in nature, and directly address the issues concerned. Any type of business letter or letter to authorities falls within this given category.
- Informal Letter: These are personal letters. They need not follow any set pattern or adhere to any formalities. They contain personal information or are a written conversation. Informal letters are generally written to friends, acquaintances, relatives etc.
- Business Letter: This letter is written among business correspondents, generally contains commercial information such as quotations, orders, complaints, claims, letters for collections etc. Such letters are always strictly formal and follow a structure and pattern of formalities.
- Official Letter: This type of letter is written to inform offices, branches, subordinates of official information. It usually relays official information like rules, regulations, procedures, events, or any other such information. Official letters are also formal in nature and follow certain structure and decorum.
- Social Letter: A personal letter written on the occasion of a special event is known as a social letter. Congratulatory letter, condolence letter, invitation letter etc are all social letters.
- Circular Letter: A letter that announces information to a large number of people is a circular letter. The same letter is circulated to a large group of people to correspond some important information like a change of address, change in management, the retirement of a partner etc.
- Employment Letters: Any letters with respect to the employment process, like joining letter, promotion letter, application letter etc.
Essay and Letter Writing PDF Files
|SSC CGL Tier-III Volume-1||Download PDF|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Volume-2||Download PDF|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Volume-3||Download PDF|
|SSC Tier - I & II ( Passages for Practice )||Download PDF|
|SSC Tube Descriptive||Download PDF|
|SSC CHSL (10+2) 2016 Tier - 2||Download PDF|
|SSC Tier - 3 Essay||Download PDF|
|Exam Clear Descriptive Essay Writing||Download PDF|
|SSC Tier - 3 Essay (Hindi)||Download PDF|
|Essay Writing Tips||Download PDF|
|पत्रकार और मसौदा लेखन (Latter Format in Hindi)||Download PDF|
|151 ESSAYS - Arihant Production||Download PDF|
|Essay Writing By Gaurav Sir||Download PDF|
|Essay Writing||Download PDF|
|Letter Writing in HINDI Platform||Download PDF|
|Letter Writing in ENGLISH Platform||Download PDF|
|Essay in Hindi - Drishti IAS||Download PDF|
|Letter Writing||Download PDF|
|Letter Writing By Ankul Sir||Download PDF|
|Essay Writing in English IELTS Academy||Download PDF|
|Hindi Essay - Globalization||Download PDF|
|Essay in Hindi - बेटी बचाओ बेटी पढ़ाओ||Download PDF|
|Essay Writing - Importance of Cleanliness or Swachh Bharat||Download PDF|
|Letter Writing||Download PDF|
You can also download PDF files related to other topics of english grammar. You can download the link given below:-