Essay Writing in English:- Essay writing in English Language is very important for our daily routine as well as for the competition point of veiw. Now a days, all the Government Exam have made essay writing as compulsory. Therefore, it is very important to improve your essay writing skills. Students may follow the following while writing as essay:-
Choose the Type of Essay:- The first step to writing an essay is to define what type of essay you are writing. There are four main structures into which essays can be grouped:
- Narrative Essay: Tell a story or impart information about your subject in a straightforward, orderly manner.
- Persuasive Essay: Convince the reader about some point of view.
- Expository Essay: Explain to the reader how to do a given process. You could, for example, write an expository essay with step-by-step instructions on how to make a peanut butter sandwich.
- Descriptive Essay: Focus on the details of what is going on. For example, if you want to write a descriptive essay about your trip to the park, you would give great detail about what you experienced: how the grass felt beneath your feet, what the park benches looked like, and anything else the reader would need to feel as if he were there.
Create an outline
Before you begin your writing, create your essay outline. Jot your topic in the middle of your page, draw lines branching from the topic and write main ideas at the end of each line. From the main ideas at the end of the lines draw more lines and include your thoughts. Another option is to use a simple outline. Write your topic at the top of your page, separate your essay into introduction, body, and conclusion. For a five paragraph essay, have an introduction, at least three main ideas, and a conclusion. Leave spaces under each idea to enable you to list smaller ideas supporting the main idea. The ‘skeleton’ will enable you to write a more organized essay.
- First sentence
- Thesis statement
- Give statistics
- Information on the subject
- Research on the topic
- Relevant data if any
- Restate your thesis statement
- Support arguments
- write a call to action
Format of an Essay: -Now there is no rigid format of an essay. It is a creative process so it should not be confined within boundaries. However, there is a basic structure that is generally followed while writing essays. So let us take a look at the general structure of an essay.
This is the first paragraph of your essay. This is where the writer introduces his topic for the very first time. You can give a very brief synopsis of your essay in the introductory paragraph. Generally, it is not very long, about 4-6 lines. There is plenty of scopes to get creative in the introduction of essays. This will ensure that you hook the reader, i.e. draw and keep his attention. So to do so you can start with a quote or a proverb. Sometimes you can even start with a definition. Another interesting strategy to engage with your reader is to start with a question.
This is the main crux of your essays. The body is the meat of your essay sandwiched between the introduction and the conclusion. So the most vital and important content of the essay will be here. This need not be confined to one paragraph. It can extend to two or more paragraphs according to the content. Usually, we have a lot of information to provide in the body. And the mistakes writers generally make is to go about it in a haphazard manner which leaves the reader confused. So it is important to organize your thoughts and content. Write the information in a systematic flow so that the reader can comprehend. So, for example, you were narrating an incident. The best manner to do this would be to go in a chronological order.
This is the last paragraph of the essay. Sometimes a conclusion will just mirror the introductory paragraph but make sure the words and syntax are different. A conclusion is also a great place to sum up a story or an argument. You can round up your essay by providing some moral or wrapping up a story. Make sure you complete your essays with the conclusion, leave no hanging threads.
Tips for Essay Writing
- Give your essays an interesting and appropriate title. It will help draw the attention of the reader and pique their curiosity
- Keep it between 300-500 words. This is the ideal length, you can take creative license to increase or decrease it
- Keep your language simple and crisp. Unnecessary complicated and difficult words break the flow of the sentence.
- Do not make grammar mistakes, use correct punctuation and spellings. If this is not done it will distract the reader from the content
- Before beginning the essay organize your thought and plot a rough draft. This way you can ensure the story will flow and not be an unorganized mess.
|Essay Name||Download Links|
|Benefit And Loss Fromonline Exam||Download PDF|
|Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Campaign||Download PDF|
|Clean India Movement||Download PDF|
|Complain for Misconduct by Bus Conductor in Haryana||Download PDF|
|Delhi Pollution||Download PDF|
|Digital India in Hindi||Download PDF|
|Document 3||Download PDF|
|Essay for SSC CHSL DESCRIPITIVE||Download PDF|
|Letter to Friends||Download PDF|
|MO Lost Complain||Download PDF|
|National Security||Download PDF|
|Natural Calamities||Download PDF|
|Samay Anmol Hai||Download PDF|
|SSC Descriptive||Download PDF|
|SSC Descriptive-2||Download PDF|
|SSC Hindi Descriptive||Download PDF|
|SSC Descriptive Sample Paper||Download PDF|
|कुछ महत्वपूर्ण निबन्ध SSC MTS||Download PDF|
|खेलों का महत्व बताते हुए मित्र को||Download PDF|
|टेलीविज़न के लाभ तथा हानियाँ||Download PDF|
|दहेज एक अभिशाप||Download PDF|
|पड़ोस में चोरी की शिकायत के लिए पत्र||Download PDF|
|परिश्रम का महत्व बताते हुए छोटे||Download PDF|
|प्रदूषण की समस्या के लिए||Download PDF|
|मेरा प्रिय खेल||Download PDF|
|स्वच्छ भारत अभियान के जागरूकता के||Download PDF|