Choice of Quantitative Aptitude Book ?
Posted on : August 27th 2017, 7:31 am
- In all competitive exams, “uncertainity factor” is involved. Despite your best preparation, you might lose the success-train by 2-3 marks.
- Therefore you must never put all eggs in one basket. ?
- While you are preparing for SSC, you should also keep open mind and apply for other competitive exams, such as IBPS, ACIO, ONGC, Railways, LIC, CDS, Coast Guard Etc. (Depending on your career-taste).
- Publication houses will come up with new books for each and every of these exams, but we have neither the time nor the money to buy a new book for every new exam.
- For SSC you should focus on which books have concepts, tricks and all types that repeat every time in exam.
Almost all of these exams follow same structure :
- How do they differ from each other ? = number of questions, difficulty level and inclusion / exclusion of particular subtopics.
- So when you’re picking up books for the first time, you should choose the books, that have universal usefulness for similar exams. That way your time, effort and money will be saved.
Books that you must have :
|Magical book on quicker math – M Tyra||Prefer this book for learning concepts than trick.|
|Elementary geometry and mensuration- Kiran||This book has plenty of geometry, algebra and mensuration problems and have all previous questions asked in SSC.|
|Rakesh Yadav 7300+||For practicing all SSC previous questions|
|Rakesh Yadav Class notes||For learning tricks and different types|
|S S BHARATI Class notes||For learning tricks and different types|
- My advice, go with either Rakesh yadav or Sarvesh Kumar. Then the question, which one to pick up ?
|SSC MATHMATICS RAKESH YADAV 7300+||Quantam CAT by Sarvesh Kumar|
But merely getting either of these books, is not going to make you a topper.
If you want to become truly “invincible” for the maths portion of any competitive exam, then you must practice maximum numbers of questions at home and maintain a “diary of mistakes”.
Thisconcludes how to approach Mathematics/Quantiative Aptitude for SSC-CGL exam.