Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is a initiative scheme of making India the skill capital of the world launched by the Government of India. Is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
The Objective is to train 24 lakh youths with an estimated training cost of Rs. 1, 500 crores. PMKVY skill certification and reward scheme is to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Monetary reward would be provided to trainees who are uccessfully trained, assessed and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers.
PMKVY skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Under this scheme, skill training would be done based on industry led standards aligned to the National Skill Qualification Framework & Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
PMKVY Scheme Components
- Short Term Training
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Special Projects
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela
- Placement Guidelines
- Monitoring Guidelines
Benefit of PMKVY Scheme
- To create registry of skills
- Increasing the productivity of the skilled individuals which would be used for nation’s development
- On an average trainee will get Rs. 8000 as a reward (one time only). This would be given by third party assessment body. However in order to receive the reward, trainee will have to appear for assessment test and based on the test results, reward would be given. This money will be directly credited to the bank account of the candidate.
- In order to cross-check whether candidate has already been paid Rs. 8, 000 reward, use of Aadhar number will be made. So that is why Aadhar number is must for receiving the reward.
- Training would be provided based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry led standards and it would be a need based training.
- Most of the skills do not require any educational qualification or experience.
- Feedback would be collected by all the trainees who undergo assessment.