Largest Man Made Lake in India
Largest Man Made Lake in India
India has countless lovely lakes and extraordinary rivers spread everywhere throughout the nation from Kashmir to Kerala and from Rajasthan to Assam. Lakes in India can be separated as natural lakes and man-made/artificial lakes.
- Rihand Dam known as Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar is the best dam of India by volume. The storehouse of Rihand Dam is called Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar and is India's greatest man-made lake.
- Rihand Dam is a solid gravity dam orchestrated at Pipri in Sonbhadra District in Uttar Pradesh, India. Its storage facility district is on the edge of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. It is orchestrated on the Rihand River, a tributary of the Son River. The catchment district of this dam stretches out over Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh anyway it supplies water system water in Bihar found downstream of the conduit.
- The Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar is named after the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. He was a lobbyist during the time of chance and even contributed to setting up Hindi as the national language. This is the best-fabricated store sorted out in the southern piece of Sonebhadra and is the pride of Uttar Pradesh. It is on the conduit Rihand a principal tributary of Ganges. The conduit is around 784 kilometers long.
- The headway was finished during 1954-1962 the focal clarification behind which was to make a hydroelectric power of around 300 megawatts. Eventually U.P. Hydroelectricity Corporation Ltd. controls it. The stature of the dam is around 91.44 m and a length of around 934 m. The water set away in this dam is discharged on periodical reason onto River Son for irrigational necessities all as the year progressed. It has 61 joints and ground squares all things considered. Since the foundation of the dam, Sonebhadra is known as the vitality capital of India. It is in charge of making over 10000MW of power and coursing it any place all through the North Indian States.
Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar is arranged around the southern part Sonebhadra, Uttar Pradesh. It is about 5km from Renukut orchestrated on Renukut-Shaktinagar road at Pipari amidst Sonabhadra of U.P and the periphery zone. Towards the south of River Rihand and Son, it is 46 km long.
The air around Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar is subtropical, portrayed by remarkable differences in temperature during summer and winter. The average temperature stretches out in the range 30 degree Celsius to 42 degree Celsius during summer, which drops down to 2 degree Celsius to 15 degrees Celsius during winter. The best time to visit the place is around June, July month as the atmosphere remains enchanting during the tempestuous seasons.
The urban regions including Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar are Singrauli, Wadranfnagar and Ambikapur. These areas have tremendous stores of coal. Singrauli is one such prime zone and is routinely insinuated as a coal zone of India.
This spot is likewise famous for its endeavors regarding timberland rebuilding and green inclusion. The woods substance has significantly expanded in the next years, improving its picturesque magnificence. The delightful scenes, slopes superbly reasonable for trekking and cascades make it an ideal place of interest.
Other Popular Lakes in India
- Bhojtal Lake - Bhojtal Lake is a tremendous and glorious waterway situated in Madhya Pradesh and is a terrific sight. Lying on the western side of Bhopal, there are offices accessible to guests for water sports by the club that have been set up close to the lake. The perspectives on the nightfall and dawn are flawless from the banks and paddling, and journey rides in the lake make for a beautiful encounter.
- Gobind Sagar Lake - About thirty minutes ride from Naina Devi, this astonishing lake is a piece of Bhakra Dam in Bilaspur and is astoundingly enormous. This is the perfect lake to visit if you are keen on paddling or pontoon riding. Naina Devi and the Bhakra Dam are two places close-by that are likewise mainstream goals of Himachal.
- Jaisamand Lake - Well known for being the second biggest artificial lake in Asia, Jaisamand Lake or Dhebar Lake, situated in Udaipur, is a spot offering harmony and calm to every one of the individuals who visit it and is additionally a perfect goal for sailing lovers. The Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the region of the lake and is one of the much-visit traveler goals of Udaipur.
- Brapani Lake - Also called Umiam Lake, this store in Shillong is touted as a standout amongst the best places to visit in Shillong as a result of the scope of exercises it offers like water-skiing, kayaking, and pontoon riding through the quiet lake waters. The perspective on the view in itself is an incredible sight and is additionally an ideal motivation to visit this spot.
- Bhimtal Lake – This lake is a fantastic spot to revive the brain following a tiring day because of the peacefulness and quietness it offers. It gets lesser groups than the acclaimed Nainital Lake and is, therefore, a lot calmer and all the more loosening up a spot to visit in Uttarakhand. There is likewise an aquarium that can be visited by the vessel that is certain to be delighted in by individuals everything being equal.
- Hirakund Lake – Situated in Sambalpur in Orissa, this lake offers a fantastic perspective on the structure of the dam and its astounding environment. Seeing the Mahanadi waters hurrying through is genuinely a flawless sight and the rush of being an observer to the dazzling sight will, without a doubt achieve a surge of adrenaline through your veins.
- Rana Pratap Sagar Lake – This gravity stonework dam, situated in Rawatbhata in Rajasthan, is one of the four Chambal Valley Projects. The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the rainstorm as the spot turns out to be considerably increasingly rich and beautiful during this period. The hydroelectricity creating force plant situated in the region is worth a visit. The Chambal River is an entirely astounding stream and has a massive swath of sea-going life like crocodiles, tortoises, dolphins, storks, and skimmers among numerous others.
- Nagarjuna Sagar Lake - Arranged in the Nalgonda area of Telangana, the Nagarjuna Sagar is the perfect goal for an end of the week escape from the bustling city life. Situated at around 100 kilometers from Hyderabad, Nalgonda is a Buddhist focus offering numerous vacationers inviting goals. The spot around the waterway has a stunning view and eateries adjacent offer heavenly food from the area.
Few of the important topics related to Geography which would be very helpful for various Government exams are as below:-
- Landforms of India
- Drainage system in India
- Climate of India
- Natural Vegetation and National Parks
- Types of Soils in India
- World Climate Zones
- Wildlife Sanctuaries in India
- List of Rivers in India
- Highest Mountain Peak in India
- List of National Park In India
- Biosphere Reserves in India
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India