Freedom Fighter : Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya | Study Notes
Freedom Fighter : Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
Dear Readers, Examclear team here providing the important questions related to Indian freedom fighters dedicated their lives for the cause of Indian independence of India. All important questions will be asked for 1 or 2 Marks in All Govt Job competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, RRB Railway Exams, and other Public Service Commission Exams.
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was born on 15 September 1861 in a Brahmin family,to Mokshagundam Srinivasa Shastry and Venkatalakshmamma in Muddenahalli village, Chickballapur District, Mysore State.
- In India,15 September is celebrated as Engineer's Day in his memory.
- He was an Indian engineer, scholar, Statesman and also served as the Diwan of Mysore for six years.
- He was the chief engineer responsible for the construction of the Krishna Raja Sagar dam on the Kaveri River.
- He designed and patented a system of automatic weir water floodgates that were first installed in 1903 at the Khadakvasla Reservoir near Poona.
- He was called as the "Father of modern Mysore State".
- He was awarded the nation's highest honour, the Bharat Ratna, in 1955.