Famous Sports Personalities : Pankaj Advani
Dear Readers, ExamClear team here providing the important questions related to famous sports personalities. All important questions related to sports asked for 1 or 2 Marks in All Govt Job competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, RRB Railway Exams, and other Public Service Commission Exams.
- Pankaj Arjan Advani (born 24 July 1985 in Pune) is an Indian professional player of English billiards and former professional snookerplayer.
- only player ever to win world titles in both the long and short formats of snooker
- Advani is also India's first world champion in 6-red snooker
- Advani helped win the first ever World Team Billiards Championship held in Glasgow
- Pankaj Advani's 54th gold: World Titles = 16; Asian Titles = 6; Asian Games = 2; Australian Open = 1; National Titles = 29.
- Government of India has bestowed several awards upon Advani—Arjuna Award in 2004, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2006, and Padma Shri in 2009