Freedom Fighters : Sarojani Naidu Study Notes
Freedom Fighters : Sarojani Naidu
Dear Readers, ExamClear team here providing the important questions related to Indian freedom fighters dedicated their lives for the cause of Indian independence of India. All important questions will be asked for 1 or 2 Marks in All Govt Job competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, RRB Railway Exams, and other Public Service Commission Exams.
- Sarojani Naidu joined the Indian national movement in the wake of partition of Bengal in 1905
- She was sent to London along with Annie Besant, President of home rule league and Women's Indian Association, to present the case for the women's vote to the Joint Select Committee.
- In 1925, Naidu presided over the annual session of Indian National Congress
- In 1929, she presided over East African Indian Congress in South Africa. She was awarded the Kaisar-i-Hind Medal by the British government for her work during the plague epidemic in India
- In 1931, sarojani naidu participated in the round-table conference with Gandhi and Madan Mohan Malaviya
- She played a leading role in the Civil Disobedience Movement and was jailed along with Gandhi and other leaders. In 1942, she was arrested during period of the Quit India