SSC CGL Normalisation
Many students who appeared in the Staff Selection Commission (CGL) examination, 2017 (Tier-I) are demanding that scores of the test to be normalized. They claim that the difficulty level was higher in some tests .A total of 15,43,962 candidates appeared in this recruitment exam which was conducted in 43 batches across the country from august 5 to 23 august.
What is Normalization ?
The examination conducting body makes a simple formula according to the fixed parameters like average marks getting by student, accuracy, difficulty level etc. to calculate scores. Once the answers are checked, the normalized marks of a candidate are calculated corresponding to the actual marks secured by the candidate.
Why Normalization ?
- Level of exam must be same; it should not vary from shift to shift.
- Many candidates preparing for SSC CGL one mark can make difference in the final list.
- One student got good marks in easy shift and other got low marks in difficult shift. There must be equality to all aspirants.
There is a good news for all the affected students due to the absence of Normalisation in SSC Exams. We have received vital information from the court proceeding of the case RAJU KUMAR & OTHERS -V/S- STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION, CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNAL PRINCIPAL BENCH, NEW DELHI.
It has been updated on CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNAL's official website that SSC is considering to implement the process of Normalisation in CGL Exam. According to notice " It is seen from the pleadings that the respondents initiated the process of adoption of equalization/scaling down/moderation process. Mr. Gyanendra Singh, learned counsel appeared and is directed to seek instructions about the status of the process initiated by the respondents within a week from today”.
The matter will be discussed on 31.10.2017 in the next court hearing. At EXAMCLEAR, we will keep updating you of all the important information regarding SSC CGL Exam.
Important Points for students :
- All the aspirants who were in deep stress, as they did not score well in SSC CGL 2017 Tier I, can now be relaxed. You all will be treated equally and no injustice will be done to any aspirant.
- Start focusing on SSC CGL Tier II & III.
- We are daily uploading quiz and questions for SSC Tier 2 so start practicing don’t waste time.