About SSC CPO
Posted on :January 12th 2018, 1:46 pm
SSC (Selection Staff Commission) has conducted the entrance exam for the various posts like SI/ASI in Delhi Police/CAPF /CISF department in the Central Police Organization from 30th June 2017 to 7th July 2017.The exam is conducted in two distinct stages. The second paper will be conducted on 15th December 2017. The final selection of the candidates is done based on total marks scored in both the papers.
Age Limits : For the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police & CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF is 20-25 years.
|Serial No.||Category||Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the Upper age limit|
Educational Qualification : Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only : Male candidates must possess and also carry a valid Driving License for LMV(Motor cycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. Otherwise they will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests. However the candidate who does not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motor Cycle and Car) can apply for all other CAPFs posts.
Due weightage will be given to candidates with NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate at the time of Interview.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS ELIGIBILITY TESTS ( For All Posts )
|Category of candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cm)|
|(I) For male candidates only
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal,
Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras,
Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh &
Ladakh regions of J&K,
North-Eastern States and Sikkim
|For all candidates belonging to
|(II) For Female Candidates Only
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras,
Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh
regions of J&K, North-Eastern
States and Sikkim
|For all candidates belonging
to Scheduled Tribes
Physical Efficiency ( Endurance ) Test ( PET ) ( For All Posts )
For Male Candidates Only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes?
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chances
For Female Candidates Only
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters (3 feet) in 3 chances.
Medical Standard ( For All Posts )
Eye Sight : The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force :
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board.
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope.
SI (Sub Inspector -Male) Vacancy in Delhi Police
|10% reservation of Ex-Servicemen||35||18||10||5||68|
SI (Sub Inspector - Female) Vacancy in Delhi Police
SI (Sub Inspector - GD) Vacnacy in CAPF's
|Name of the Force||Category||Unreserved/General||OBC||SC||ST||Total||Ex-Ser.|
ASI (Executive) Vacancy in CISF
Below table provides the name of all the posts to be applied in SSC CPO 2017 and the job description. Full form of all the posts is given below.
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
|SSC CPO Posts||Job Description|
|SI in Delhi Police||Maintenance of law and order.|
|SI in BSF||protection of the border between India & Pakistan.|
|SI in CISF||provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.|
|SI in CRPF||Anti-riot & anti – Naxal force.|
|SI in ITBPF||Protection of the border bet. India & China (Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)|
|SI in SSB||Protection of Indo – Nepal & Indo – Bhutan borders.|
|SSC CPO Post||About Post||Grade Pay||Expected In-hand Salary|
|SI in CAPF||Non Gazetted, Non-Ministerial||Rs. 4200/-||Rs.35400-112400/|
|SI in Delhi Police||Non Gazetted||Rs. 4200/-||Rs.35400-112400/|
|ASI in CISF||Non Gazetted||Rs. 2800/-||Rs.29200-92300|
The CAPF is a Para military force also known as the Central Armed Police Forces.
BSF (Border Security Force), CISF (Central Industrial Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserved Police Force), ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police) and SSB (Seema Suraksha Bal) comes under CAPF.
Salary may vary in CAPF according to different forces.
Latest Updates SSC CPO
- SSC CPO Tier-II Released Final Answer key | Paper 2 Answer Key
- SSC CPO 2017 Paper 2 Result
- SSC CPO 2016 Released Appointment Letter
- SSC CPO Paper-II Released Official Answer Key
- SSC CPO Released Nomination List 2016
- SSC CPO Tier-II 2017 Admit Card Declared
- SSC CPO PST/PET 2017 North Region| Admit Card
- SSC CPO 2017 PST/PET Schedule | Notification
- View All