Life of Station a Master
- Job Description : The station master (SM) is in charge of running of trains at his station of posting. As an SM you will be operating the signals, ensuring that all tasks are completed as per the rule book. Also, his responsibility is cleanliness of the station. Station Masters are also being assigned with commercial jobs like ticket/parcel booking, reservation etc at small stations.. At a major city terminus, with potentially hundreds of employees, the station master's duties would focus on personnel management and public relations. At smaller town and country stations, with a more limited staff, the station master would have far more customer interaction with travelling passengers, and would commonly deputies for other members of staff in their absence.
- Name of the Post : Station Master (SM) formerly ASM
- Training Period : 78 Days (Earlier 2 Years)
- Salary : During Training - Grade Pay Rs. 2800/- After Training - Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-
- 1st Salary : Rs. 38,000/- (Approx)
- Bond : 5 Years Bond
- Apart from these, ASM will get other allowances as admissible for central Govt. Employees (DA, TA & HRA). There will be deductions from salary include 10% of total Pay towards New Pension scheme.
- Shift : Yes. An SM has to work in shifts, however the working schedule of 8 hours per day.
- No. of SM at One Station : Generally each station has one SM
- Career Path : As an SM you will have the following career path
- Station Master
- Station Supt.
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Divisional Operations Manager
For Station Supervisor (SS) you have to have experience minimum 12-15 years.
Departmental Examination :You can apply Group B exam for the post Officer. For that you need have 5 years of work experience as SM.
- Vacancies Details :
|Name of RRB||PU||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
- Qualification : Degree from recognized university or equivalent.
- Stages of Examination : Single Stage Computer Based Test, Aptitude test followed by Document Verification.