Freedom Fighters : Surendranath Banerjee (1848-1925) - Rahstraguru Study Notes
Freedom Fighters : Surendranath Banerjee (1848-1925) - Rahstraguru
Dear Readers, Examclear team here providing the important questions related to Indian freedom fighters dedicated their lives for the cause of Indian independence of India. All important questions will be asked for 1 or 2 Marks in All Govt Job competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Civil Services, RRB Railway Exams, and other Public Service Commission Exams.
- Surendranath Banerjee was born in 1848 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- He cleared the Indian Civil Service exam, but wasn't allowed to work due to racial discrimination.
- Surendranath Banerjee founded the Indian National Association along with Anandamohan Bose in 1876 to bring Hindus and Muslims together for political action.
- Surendranath also founded Indian National Liberation Federation.
- Merged the INA with the Indian National Congress in 1886 because of their common goals.
- In 1879, he founded the newspaper, The Bengalee.
- Surendranath Bannerjee was the first Indian person to be arrested for journalism.
- Founded the Ripon College (Now called Surendranath College) in Kolkata in 1882.
- He was also known by the sobriquet Rashtraguru.
- He was elected as the INC President in 1895 at Poona and in 1902 at Ahmedabad.
- A Nation in Making- is the book by Surendranath Banerjee.