The Wonder That Was India By A L Basham PDF Download
The Wonder That Was India by A.L. Bhasham PDF : People all around the world are fascinated by Indian history, culture and the way people are still connected with their roots. This book covers comprehensive Indian history that includes culture, religion, governance, social evolution, tradition, languages, philosophy and science. The Wonder That Was India is a must read book for UPSC/IAS aspirants and students who are preparing for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Grade B, SSC Graduate Level Exams, Bank PO and Clerk, NDA, CDS, Railway, RRB, SSC, Bank, SSC CGL, TGT, PGT Exam, Airforce, NDA, Navy, CDS & Many Other Competitive Exams.
The Wonder That Was India by A.L. Bhasham PDF Content
- Harappa civilization:- It reveals the glorious pas of India from the time of Harappa civilization and settlement to Aryan invasion theory.
- Covers all the civilizations:- Starting from Indus Valley civilization along with detailed information about Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro, the book explores early time periods that throw light on India’s rich cultural heritage.
- Different eras of History:- It traces various time periods and eras of Indian history with extensive source of text, which is narrative, simple to understand and keeps the reader engaged.
- Hindu religion:- Furthermore, the book even talks about evolution of Hindu religion that has been followed from the Harappa times and even at the time when Aryans invaded India.
- Religion in India:- The book also highlights some common beliefs and influences in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. All regions in India are influenced by each other, but it was Jainism and Buddhism that mainly brought non-violence and vegetarian aspect into Indian religions.
- History and culture:-For those who are looking forward to learn some interesting facts about Indian history and culture, the book contains almost everything: from traces of ancient invasions to modern-day evolution for the readers to enjoy and gain knowledge about.
The Wonder That Was India by A.L. Basham PDF About ....
- Book Name: The Wonder That Was India
- Size: 85 MB
- Page: 689
- Quality: Excellent
- Format: PDF
- Language- English
- Sharing Credit- A.L. Basham
About the Author:
A well-known historian, educationist, indologist and author, Arthur Llewellyn Basham is credited with having produced numerous books over the many decades he spent at teaching, studying and research.
Recommended Books for Indian History and Art and Culture for IAS and other competitive Exams
- India’s Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma. (Ancient History)
- History Of Medieval India by Satish Chandra. (Medieval History)
- History Of Modern India by Bipan Chandra. (Modern History).
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (Modern History)
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- A Brief History of Modern India – Spectrum (Point wise notes for faster reading).
- From Plassey to Partition : A History of Modern India (Reference)