Time and Work Type 4 (Tricky Approach) | Study Notes
Time and Work Type 4 (Tricky Approach)
Example 6 : A alone can complete a work in 12 days and B alone can do in 16 days. Starting with A, they work on alternate days. The total work will be completed in?
- Start same as previous examples then it is alternate day's problem. In this problem we see one day A work and he did 4 Work , next day B work and he did 3 work so In two days total work is 4+3=7 work
- Now multiply 7 to that number that can make it to 48
- We can multiply by 6 because if we multiply by 7 it makes 49 but total work is 48.
- So multiply both side by 6
12 days=42 work
- Now A's turn in one day day he can do 4 work so in 13 days=42+4 work=46
- Now B's turn he have to do 2 work (48-46).but he can do 3 works in a day so. He will complete in 2/3 days.
- So in 13 2/3 days work will be complete.
Problem For You : A & B working alone can do a work in 9 and 12 days respectavily. If they work for a day alternately, A beginning, in how many days the work will be completed?
Answer : 41/4
Example 7 : A, B and C can do apiece of work in 11 days, 20 days and 55 days respectively, working alone. How soon can the work be done if A is assisted by B and C on alternate days?
Example 8 : A, B and C can do apiece of work in 10 days, 20 days and 30 days respectively, working alone. How soon can the work be done if A ,B and C work on alternate days?