Udaan Scheme : Government Scheme
Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to address the low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between the school education and engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at school level by addressing the three dimensions of education- curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
Udaan Scheme Objectives:
- Address low enrollment of girls: To address the challenge of the low enrollment of girls in technical education institutes.
- Empower the girl students: To enable and empower the girl students to fulfill their aspiration of technical education.
- To minimize the gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
- Enrich teaching at Senior Secondary Level: To enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at the senior secondary level.
Udaan Scheme Salient Features:
Udaan is designed to provide a comprehensive platform to deserving girl students who aspire to pursue higher education in engineering and support them to prepare for the entrance examinations while studying in Classes XI and XII.
- Financial Help:- Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for the engineering entrance examination.
- Content availability:- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material.
- Classes:- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centers.
- Technological help:- Pre-loaded Tablet to facilitate learning beyond the classroom.
- Orientation Sessions:- Orientation Session on using technology to all selected students.
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning.
- Proper learning:- Remedial steps to correct learning.
- Mentoring:- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students.
- Providing motivation:- Motivation sessions with students/parents.
- Doubt clarification:- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning, and support technology.
- Monitoring:- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback.
Udaan Scheme Eligibility:
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognized Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply based on the criteria given above.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced); OBC (NCL) - 27 %, SC – 15 %, ST – 7.5 %, PWD – 3 % of seats in every category.
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum.
Udaan Scheme Methodology:
- The selected students will have access to an online portal which will be organized on the basis of Class XI and XII with three subject streams - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- This portal will have content in the form of videos, tutorials, and text. Concepts will be organized based on the learning taking place in the classroom as per the syllabus of Class XI and XII.
- Students will also have the same content available to them on a preloaded tablet to allow them to study in an offline format also.
- Before embarking on the program, these students will undergo a technology orientation session at the city centers to make them technology-friendly and get comfortable with using the tablet and also the online content.
- Once logged in, student progress will be monitored and tracked on their learning pace.
- Periodic contact classes will enable an update on the progress made by the student. Assessments are built into the learning process and will allow monitoring of student’s learning.
- Students will have an interactive group where they will be able to interact with their peers and teachers. A helpline will be available to the students to clarify their doubts and concerns at any point.
Udaan Scheme Financial Assistance:
Students will be eligible for financial assistance in the form of admission and tuition fee subject to fulfillment of the following conditions-
- Minimum 75% attendance:- The student should have a minimum 75% attendance in Udaan weekly assessments.
- Clearance of entrance exam:- Student gets admission in IIT /NIT / centrally funded engineering Institutes.
- No assistance fro other source:- The Student is not taking the scholarship and/or financial assistance from any other source.
- Satisfactory performance:- Student ensures satisfactory performance/ promotion in each term.
You can also go through other Government Schemes launched in recent times by BJP Government which would be very helpful for the preparation for UPSC, State PCS and other Government Exams:-
- Skill India
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Make in India
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)