UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam
Posted on :July 21st 2019, 5:19 pm
Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Assistant Commandant on their official website. Candidates can apply for various posts of seven security forces in India under the Ministry of Home Affairs Authority. Various jobs are as follows:-
- BSF - Border Security Force
- CRPF - Central Reserve Police Force
- CISF - Central Industrial Security Force
- ITBP - Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- SSB - Sahastra Seema Bal
Candidates can go through the blog for complete details on UPSC CAPF notification, eligibility, vacancy, Application fees, Educational qualifications.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 25-04-2018
- Last Date to Apply Online: 21-05-2018
- Last Date for Payment of Fee: 20-05-2018
- Date of Written Exam: 12-08-2018
- Date for Detailed Application Form: From 14 to 28-01-2019
- Date of PET & MST: 12-02-2019
- For General: Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ ST/ Female: NILL
- Payment Mode (Online): SBI by cash/ Net banking facility of State Bank of India/ Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card
UPSC CAPF 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Only candidates who are citizens of India are eligible to appear for the exam. Any other citizens are not eligible to register or apply for UPSC CAPF 2019.
- Sex: The UPSC CAPF does not pertain to a single sex. Male and female candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Educational Qualification: The Candidate must hold a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Candidates who earned a degree from educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 are also acceptable.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying exams and awaiting their results can also apply for the exam.
- The candidate must produce the essential documents that will be provisional until the candidate produces proof of passing the qualifying the exam.
- Those candidates who possess professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government as equivalent to the professional and technical degree would also be considered eligible to apply for CAPF AC.
- There may be some exceptions in which UPSC may treat a candidate who doesn’t have any of the above-mentioned qualifications as a qualified candidate, given that they have passed an examination conducted by the other Institutions, whose standard justifies their eligibility.
- Age Limit: Candidates are supposed to be within an age limit of 20-25 years.
- Candidates are required to be of between 20-25 years of age.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to a maximum of five years for the SC/ST candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to a maximum of three years for the OBC candidates.
- The applicant must not be born between the period of 2nd August 1993 to 1st August 1998.
- Age relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years is available for Candidates who lived in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
UPSC CAPF 2019 Vacancy
- Job Posts: UPSC conducts CAPF recruitment exam for recruiting candidates to Assistant Commandants post in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB.
- Vacancies: A total of 398 vacancies are available for the candidates. Reservations are also being provided to SC/ST, OBC, and ex-servicemen candidates.